Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Duties.

Hey there!

Soo.. I have now received the duty of writing the blog for the whole school on the YWAM website.. so I think I'll be doing a little less general writing on here, and more so on there. That blog won't be as personal because I'll be writing it for all the parents and friends of all the students, and so it will take a lot of my time to write two blogs. It will have an update on what we are learning each week, and some cool things that we got to do. I'll for sure post personal stories on here in the future that only you guys would want to read, but most of what's going on will be included in the other blog.

The link to that blog is www.ywamwinnipeg.com and then you will see on the left hand side a place right at the top that begins what i've written. Just click on that and you can check it out.

I write it every tuesday in the afternoon, so it will either get on the site that evening or possibly on wednesday. BUT.. there will for sure be one every week.

One thing that I'll tell you about that won't be on that blog until next week.. is what we are doing tomorrow. This week we've been learning about justice and injustices, and so we are going to experience that the best we can. There are three groups.. and each group has to go without something. One without food, one without water (washing, brushing teeth, flushing toilets, drinking, etc.), and one called poverty in which we can only have a bowl and a cup all day, and what we are wearing when we get up. Anything else that we need, we have to borrow. So I've been put in the poverty group.

I'm not really sure if I should be excited... or dreading it. I'm trying to picture how my day will go tomorrow, and I think of all the things I won't be able to do, like brush my teeth, wear clean clothes, or even have my own shoes and coat. But when I think about how many people have to go through this, or worse, I feel like in some way I can understand a bit better how they feel every day. Poverty is a big issue in the world today - we honestly don't realize it. As a north american, we are the minority. We have everything we need and more, but so many other countries - other people out there hardly have enough. I know this experience will open my eyes that I am excited for.

Anyway, I'll let you know how it goes. As for now, I'm off to sleep.. in my clothes that I'm going to wear tomorrow.. yay. :P Goodnight!

1 comment: