Sunday, September 13, 2009

Two Weeks To Go.

Today was my last day at my home church before I begin my YWAM adventure. Lately, I've been beginning to realize how important having a church family is. I am so thankful for all the support I've recieved from everyone in my church family. Today I had numerous people approach me to tell me how happy they are that I recently got baptized, and how happy they are for me that I'm going to be able to experience this YWAM DTS and outreach. It really encourages me to know that there are so many people in my community that are going to be praying for me and supporting me throughout this whole thing. And I'll always know that they'll be supporting me through whatever I decide to do with my life in the future. So to my church family: thank you.

So there are 12 days to go before I head to Winnipeg. As the beginning date approaches, I am beginning to get more excited! But also more nervous. Today there was one verse that came to mind, that I'll share with you, that is really going to encourage me for the next five months:

1 Timothy 4:12 "Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity. "

I know that I'm young, and that I don't have as much experience or wisdom as those older than me. But I know that God is calling me to this mission, and that He's going to use me just as He is going to use all that He has called to this mission: old or young.

No comments:

Post a Comment